Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're home!

Sorry things have been a little more than crazy around here. We were discharged on Monday night, it almost didn't happen though. Some of Austin's IV antibiotics need to be mixed using the IV bag and needles and a bunch of other not so fun stuff, which Dr Fortuna felt was too much to be sending us home with....I assured him it would be okay. We are definitely adjusting to his new care routine. It's a lot more than last time, but we are just so happy to be home it doesn't matter. Nate is taking the rest of the week off due to "personal issues" and helping me out tremendously. I am getting more comfortable mixing the meds, and getting all the air out of the IV tubing...pretty soon I will be a nurse without a degree! Nia is thrilled Austin is home, she won't stop telling him she loves him and trying to hold his hand. We are just so happy to be home, we still have a long recovery ahead but are so very pleased how things have been working out. Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts I really think they helped us out. I will keep updating but it won't be as frequent. Thanks again!

No comments: